Interested in having me in to talk to your group about food, food culture or food history (or even communications, in general?) Contact me here or on Facebook or Twitter.
Appearances & Events
- 23 January: Moderator. Rest For Restaurants: Psychological Safety. Kitchener, Ontario.
- 17 February: A World in my Kitchen: Kerala cuisine. Waterloo Public Library. Waterloo, Ontario.
- 19 May: A World in my Kitchen: Syrian cuisine. Waterloo Public Library. Waterloo, Ontario.
- 12 September: Hunger No More (fundraiser): St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church. Kitchener Ontario.
- 20 October: A World in my Kitchen: Celebrating Diwali. Waterloo Public Library. Waterloo, Ontario.
- 24 January: How do you cook that?: Recipe writing workshop. Waterloo Public Library. Waterloo, Ontario.
- 5 October: Cast Iron Chef Competition (judge). Schneider Haus National Historic site. Kitchener, Ontario.
- 6 December: Sounds of the Season. CBC-KW. Kitchener, Ontario
- 19 April: Communications ethics and editing workshop. Editors Canada – Hamilton Halton. Burlington, Ontario.
- 12 October: Private event. Brampton, Ontario.
- 17 October: Waterloo Reads: The Battle of the Books (champion–no, I didn’t win; that’s what we’re called). Waterloo, Ontario.
- 04 October: WWI & Waterloo County: Food History Lecture. Conrad Grebel College. Waterloo, Ontario
- 15 October: AGM Keynote: Rye & Ginger’s 1916 Project. Culinary Historians of Canada. Toronto, Ontario
Media Interviews, features, and mentions
- 06 December 2019: CBC-KW Seasonal dishes from around the world showcased at Sounds of the Season
- 06 December 2019: CBC-KW Sounds of the Season (minutes 32-39)
- 19 September 2019: Waterloo Region Record Schneider Haus hosting Cast Iron Chef competition
- 18 September 2019: CTV Kitchener In Your Backyard
- 10 August 2019: CKMS 102.7 FM In Coversation with Rashmi Sanjay
- 18 October 2017: cbc.ca: Ragged Company wins Waterloo Reads’ book battle
- 23 September 2016: Waterloo Region Record: Kitchener blogger explores region’s culinary past
- 06 September 2016: cbc.ca Food blog Rye & Ginger marks Kitchener’s past with recipes from 1916
- 06 September 2016: CBC-Radio Interview
- 02 June 2015: Waterloo Region Record: Sweet sale may bring world record to region
- July 2012: PBS.com: Julia Child Tribute
- September 2011: CanadianLiving.com: Our favourite food bloggers share their ingredient phobias
- Winter 2010: Taste Magazine: Meet the bloggers
- August 2008: Hearst’s Delish Top 50 Food Blogs
- February 2007: Foodtv.ca: profile
- 18 January 2007: Prince George Citizen: Bloggers pay tribute to famous cookbook author
- 15 January 2007: Canadian Press: Food bloggers pay tribute to late author of `Schmecks’ cookbook